"As a matter of fact, no matter how many more articles we publish, they are merely complementary materials to Zhuan Falun. Only Zhuan Falun can truly guide a person's cultivation. It contains inner meanings that go from the level of ordinary people to incomparable heights. As long as you continue to cultivate, Zhuan Falun will always guide your elevation in cultivation." - Li Hongzhi
Zhuan Falun (Turning the Law Wheel)
By Li Hongzhi
recently as 1996 Zhuan Falun was the best-selling book in the
world's largest nation, China, and not without reason. Zhuan Falun,
the core text of Falun Dafa practice, is no ordinary book. Its contents
and teachings have done nothing short of redefining qigong and cultivation
practice. Moreover, the book nurtured Falun Dafa from a practice done
by 200 thousand people in China to one taken up by over 100 million
around the world. It has transformed millions of lives, giving people
back their superior health and allowing them to practice genuine cultivation
according to higher principles. The profundity of this book cannot be
described in words - it is something one has to experience. Since its
publication in 1995, Zhuan Falun has since been translated into
more than a dozen languages, with several other translations forthcoming.
Zhuan Falun is a comprehensive explanation of Falun Dafa that ranges across an enormous array of topics, shedding light where no other authors have. Zhuan Falun delivers the boundless inner meanings of Falun Dafa - it is the guide to Falun Dafa practice. Its language nevertheless remains highly accessible and unadorned, as the text is drawn from Mr. Li's public lectures in China from 1992-1994. From scholars and government officials to country farmers and the retired, people from all walks of life have been moved by Zhuan Falun to begin practicing Falun Dafa. The book guides the practice of Falun Dafa for both new and veteran students alike. Only history will be able to fully reveal this book's importance.
Key contents of Zhuan Falun include discussion of:
- the origins of qigong and the long-forgotten meaning of "cultivation"
- the roots of illness, and their fundamental removal
- karma: its origin, effects, and transformation into virtue
- Falun Gong's relation to qigong, Buddhism, Taoism, and other cultivation methods
- the meaning and function of supernormal abilities
- the question of eating meat and the issue of attachments
- genuine, integrated cultivation of mind and body
- what is Enlightenment, and what is Consummation?
Falun Gong (Law Wheel Qigong)
By Li Hongzhi
the publication of Falun Gong in 1993, Mr. Li Hongzhi forever changed
the face of qigong practice in China and, by extension, the world over.
For the first time, the original, profound principles of qigong were
made available to the general public. What's more, the powerful practice
of Falun Dafa and its benefits were now available to all. In but a few
years hundreds of thousands of persons in China came to learn Falun
Gong through "the Book." One is hard pressed to find a book of comparable
impact in recent years.
Falun Gong has since been translated into nearly a dozen languages, enabling Falun Dafa's transmission to a variety of cultures and continents; it has proven itself to transcend cultural barriers. Falun Gong is an introductory book, systematically spelling out the practice of Falun Gong in plain, accessible language. It thus serves as an ideal entry point to beginning the practice. It's profundity nevertheless far surpasses other qigong books.
Key contents of Falun Gong include discussion of:
- what is qigong, including its origins, goals, and effects
- Falun Gong's relation to qigong and Buddhism
- the origins, meaning, and genuine elimination of illness
- the true meaning of integrated cultivation of mind and body
- how to perform Falun Gong's exercises (with instructions and photo illustrations)
- detailed explanation of how the exercises function and are unique